- Countryside Angels is a collaborative group of individual investors primarily from Iowa and Southern Minnesota.
- We accomplish our objectives by providing a platform for our members to view and exchange information about investment opportunities in the following focus areas:
- The size of investment in each deal varies by member but ranges from $10,000-$100,000.
- Our members are interested in investing equity in early stage, fast growth companies seeking $50,000 to $1,000,000.
- Our members make individual investment decisions on each deal. Countryside Angels is not a fund.
- Opportunities exist to help grow early stage businesses in our focus areas.
- Provide outstanding financial returns to its accredited angel investors.
- Provide early-stage companies with a source of funding and create value so they are ready for subsequent rounds.
- Enhance the economic viability of rural areas in the Midwest.
- Collaboration on screening, due diligence, deal negotiation and investments generally are more comprehensive, saves time and money and provides greater financial leverage than working alone.
- Diversify individual Investor portfolios.
- In December, 2018, and January, 2019, Ag Ventures Alliance surveyed approximately half of its membership to determine the level of interest and how the organization might operate.
- We received a 27% response rate, or 45 respondents.
- Of those responding, 91%, or 41 respondents, said they would be interested in seeing investment opportunities several times a year.
- Eighty-four percent wanted to see the presentations in person instead of a recorded or live webinar.
- 82% wished to meet quarterly
Countryside Angels is NOT Just For Farmers
To paraphrase, the definition of “rural”, for purposes of Countryside Angels, is anyone living outside a city of 50,000 population or greater or its suburbs.
This means people living in towns like Albert Lea, Mason City, & Winona are welcome to join. We need them for their industry expertise in areas other than farming and for critical mass.
We also need small and medium town investors.